The Operations and Program Support Assistant (OPSA) will be responsible for supporting the Operations Coordinator with managing the office, facility maintenance and vendors; providing all staff with administrative support; and assist all programs.
This is a full time position that will support both offices at 1757 Waller Street, in San Francisco, CA and 3450 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94124. This position will be managed by the Operations Coordinator, and work closely with the Senior Program Manager of Operations and program staff.
Administrative Responsibilities (Office support)
- Create and manage a safe, clean and welcoming environment for clients, visitors and staff.
- Assist with opening and closing duties for the building.
- Serve as the primary receptionist (i.e. greet and direct visitors; answer and route telephone calls; receive and disseminate mail and packages; etc.)
- Answer or redirect inquiries from families, staff and volunteers regarding departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining office filing and managing confidential recordkeeping systems
- This responsibility will also include supporting the Operations Coordinator in ordering, stocking and distributing supplies.
- Coordinate and prepare for meetings and special events.
- Record and disseminate minutes at staff and program meetings, as needed.
- Maintain and manage shared calendars for space reservations for staff and client meetings.
Operation Responsibilities (facility, building maintenance, vendor management)
- Maintain equipment by assisting with preventative maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; and monitoring equipment operation.
- Support the Operations Coordinator with receiving, recording and depositing all monetary donations.
- Support staff and partners with facility-related inquiries.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator with managing vendors servicing the building, appliances and equipment.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Coordinator to maintain inventory of all technology equipment, furniture and capital reserve schedule.
- Maintain the maintenance calendar
- Work with staff and 24hourtek staff to troubleshoot with all IT-related issues.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator in managing all vendors servicing all facility and office repairs, maintenance, replacement needs/li>
- Responsible for recording and managing inventory of all technology and equipment in the offices and in the storage unit.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator in managing and organizing the basement
Program Support Responsibilities (Helping other programs)
- Support staff in creating marketing material (pamphlets, flyers, manuals, etc.) using the Prevention Center’s style guide.
- Create client files according to the program specifications
- Assist with scheduled file purge and other file maintenance procedures.
- Support all programs with data entry responsibilities (as needed).
- Distribute client intakes to new families accessing services.
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of all common areas throughout the building.
- Update all community bulletin boards and client resource binders.
- Support programs with research and basic analysis projects
- When appropriate, provide staff and partners with programmatic support in service delivery responsibilities (ie. Playroom, Kids’ Turn, Parent Café, CAC, TALK Line, etc.)
- Develop and manage Playroom services for all partners (Third only).
- Assist the Operations Coordinator with diaper distribution in the diaper bank program (Waller only).
Perform other related duties as assigned
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Cantonese strongly preferred
- Support staff and programs at Waller and Third Street offices
- High integrity, strong work ethic, thrives in a team environment with positive energy and proven results
- Strong computer knowledge with Microsoft Office and relational databases
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 1-2 years of experience performing data entry with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast pace and high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrate experience in working with diverse ethnic and cultural staff and client population.
- Ability to successfully manage a large volume of work, meet multiple and often competing deadlines, and respond with flexibility to unanticipated requests
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to the safety and well-being of all children
- Successful applicants must show legal evidence of authorization to work in the United States
Work hours may vary and subject to change (as needed). Waller Street office hours are from 9:00-8:30 p.m. (8-hour shift may vary). Third Street office hours are from 9:00-5:00 p.m.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Heavy keyboard work
- Cleaning common spaces
- Answering phones
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Travel within San Francisco
San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a detailed cover letter to Frank Landin, Human Resources Manager at employment[@]sfcapc.org.